Friday, February 6, 2009

Here's an exclusive...

Here's a little peek into my version of the soundtrack for New Moon. It's nothing huge -- it's probably not even worth posting. But I'm going to anyway.

I'm still debating on what songs to use in most places (all of which have now been figured out -- for now, I think it's 18 total. But that could very well change, depending on whether or not I change where I think songs should go).

But there is one that I'm sure of. It's for the credits. We have learned that good songs come during the credits. Both "Decode" and "Leave Out All The Rest" (by Paramore and Linkin Park, respectively) were only featured in the credits and not in the rest of the movie (which is odd, considering "Decode" was written specifically for Twilight. But it did have perfect placement. Anywhere in the movie would've seemed weird, seeing as it is definitely a song that relies heavily on vocals and guitar. Simply stated, it wouldn't have fit anywhere in the movie perfectly like the other songs did.).

Which brings us to my pick for the credits...

"Hallelujah" by Paramore.

If you haven't heard it, go buy the entire album and listen to it all of the way through. I love this song, and I think that it's perfect for the situation at the end of the movie. You can read the lyrics here.

So that's your little sneak-peek. More soon...I promise. The list of where I think there should be songs will be going up here soon, hopefully followed by my version of the soundtrack.

No comments:

Post a Comment