Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Umm...I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this one yet.

So apparently this is just a rumor. Click the title to find out what the heck I'm talking about. And I know that I said that this isn't all about Twilight and such. But right now, it is. I'm on the fence about this one.

Pro: Visually, I think she'd make a good Leah. Better than any of the other names they're throwing around (i.e.: another Disney Channel "princess", Brenda Song, who's Asian. Yes, I went there and made that reference ;) ). She's not exactly a perfect actress. She's also not six feet tall either. But the height thing doesn't really seem to factor into who the casting director has been choosing (How, you ask? Taylor Lautner almost lost his role but kept it because Jacob is supposed to seriously grow between Twilight and New Moon. Ashley Greene was cast as Alice Cullen even though she's about a foot taller than Alice is supposed to be. See? The height thing is clearly not at the top of the requirement list for casting.). I just think people hate this idea because she's branded as "Disney". But people have to realize that if she's Leah, there is NO Disney involved. Leah's hardcore -- she's a wolf, people.

Con: She's Disney. Everything she's ever done has been Disney. She hasn't branched out yet, and everytime someone hears her name, they think, "Oh geez. That chick from High School Musical again..." She's not exactly brilliant at her craft either. She can be whiney at times.


I guess what I'm trying to say is that if it was between her and some other bitch, you'd have to go with her. Because now that Twilight has been a major success, no one in the cast is a nobody anymore. There are other rumors going around that Dakota Fanning is being cast as Jane. No offense to anybody, but we all know that Vanessa Hudgens isn't as famous as Dakota Fanning. DF would be more of a distraction to us all, not to mention whatever fool they'd have to get to play her twin brother Alec.
Look at it this way: she IS Native American, which is something that can't be ignored with Leah. Her height won't make a difference on camera -- if it did, Taylor Lautner wouldn't be coming back. There are ways to make things look real when they're not; that's the beauty of movie magic.


I'm not saying that I would ultimately pick her to play Leah. But if she does get the part, I really hope she doesn't screw it up. If she can pull it off, it'll be fantastic for her career. Maybe she'll finally get that HSM stuff out of her system...

My ultimate pick for Leah, you ask? Kristin Kreuk. She isn't Native American (her father is Dutch and her mother is Chinese), but she looks like she is. She looks like she could pull it off. Everyone loved her in Smallville, and we haven't seen her much since. A lot of people on message boards and such are suggesting her name, and that is something that I would be all for. Come on, who didn't love her on Smallville?

Seriously...

2 comments:

  1. Ok, no. I have made my position on this clear. But I shall again. Between her and ANYONE I would choose ANYONE ELSE. Why? First, she is NOT Leah. Leah is not important to the story, and Vanessa would try to hog the spotlight with her stupid HSM self. Oh that's another thing. Then you will get also the pissy little HSM fans getting on Twilight's case. She should never even be considered for this job. In fact, someone should just feed to Amy Winehouse, that Crusty Swampmonster. Vanessa doesn't even look like a Native American! They're supposed to be a Native American tribe/band of werewolves, not a slutty high school wannabe.

    As for Dakota Fanning, I still see her as like a 6 year old. Maybe "Push" will change my mind, but I don't know how I feel about her as Jane.

    But if some IDIOT casts Vanessa Hudgens, I might just have to boycott New Moon. Because she is a hot mess, and NOT in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, adding the picture. She's alright if we're going for stars that are known. But who knows, they could pull people out of obscurity like most of the "Twilight" cast...

    ReplyDelete